This illustration of plaque buildup in the arteries makes me sick. Millions of people have plaque that has the potential to cause huge health problems. The same can be said about the “financial plaque” that so many people carry around with them. They have allowed their spending to overcome their income and use credit almost exclusively to live on. When you consider the interest expense that accompanies this widespread use of credit, the damage can be just as detrimental as plaque in the arteries.
What kind of damage is debt doing to people?
- No money set aside for emergencies, which are bound to occur.
- No money set aside for emotional impulse spending, which is also bound to occur.
- No hope of retiring, ever.
- Lost opportunities to create wealth that puts money to work rather than working for money.
- Lost opportunities to help those in need, to create jobs for others, to form philanthropic organizations.
- Almost certainly guaranteeing problems paying for healthcare in old age.
The remedy for plaque and heart disease is to eat properly, exercise, and get plenty of rest. Financially, the remedy is to build a Spending Plan and track expenses according to that plan in order to create a cash surplus. Saving that surplus is the same as getting plenty of rest for the body.
Learn to put work clothes on your savings and send it out the door to work instead of working your entire life to pay off debt. This will bring not only financial health, but physical health and happiness as well.
To find out what’s building up in your “financial arteries” visit www.moneymastery.com. today.